The Massacre (2014)
Chicago's Massacre Marathon will dominate the Portage Theater on October 18, 2014 to bring you 24 hours of amazing horror cinema! The line-up is set to include a ghoulish collection of fan favorites and excellent rarities that demand to be seen. Brace yourself for Peter Bogdanovich's tale of a mad shooter at a drive-in who has it out for Boris Karloff in Targets (1968). Take in the majesty of The Unknown (1927), a silent film by Freaks Director Tod Browning with live organ accompaniment by Jay Warren. The original, unbeatable 1976 version of The Down That Dreaded Sundown will introduce you to the The Phantom.
The Massacre will welcome two special guests, each presenting a horror classic of their own creation. Director Doug McKeown will be in attendance to screen his 1983 masterpiece of practical visual effects and sci-fi horror, The Deadly Spawn. Director Jim Wynorsky will appear with his much beloved exploration of killer robots in suburbia, Chopping Mall.
Check out our rundown of special surprises you can expect at The Massacre as well as the full feature line-up below. Be sure to connect with The Massacre on Facebook for all the latest!
Don't Miss These Cool Extras!
- Classic trailers and great surprises will screen between features
- Vendors will be setup in the lobby of the Portage with horror posters, videos and cool collectables on sale
Bring some cash to bid on neat horror items in charity auctions supporting Vital Bridges
- Vital Bridges’ mission is to help people throughout metropolitan Chicago impacted by HIV and AIDS to improve their health and build self-sufficiency by providing food, nutrition, housing, case management and prevention services.
- Buy tickets for The Massacre online at brownpapertickets.com
- Like the official Massacre Facebook page for all the latest updates on additional features and special guests
- Join the Massacre Facebook group and to participate in the excellent Massacre community
Movies Playing @ The Massacre (2014)
About the Portage Theater
4050 North Milwaukee
Chicago , IL 60641
The Portage Theater is under new management. Between 2006 and 2013 the Portage was home to great revival screenings from a diverse group of programmers and organizations. We hope the archive of screenings listed on this page will help Portage patrons remember all the fantastic programming. Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, and Charlie Chaplin were just getting...More about the Portage Theater